A free MMO

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by TOMMCAT, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Offline

TOMMCAT Veteran BOON

2. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

that looks greally good, but is it? Not heard anything about this game.

Any other boons playing this?
  3. Offline

Fallanx Tactical Veteran

I think Specter is playing it too, i might have a look as well.
  4. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

nothing else to play atm so may as well dl and try it
  5. Offline

Specter Veteran BOON

beware, people: This game is NOT a "MMO". I would classify this like a Team Fortress 2 with some more itemnization and lvl progression. It doesn't feel like a mmo though. But if you like battlefield, tf2, etc you'll probably like this... (sci-fi, jetpacks)
  6. Offline

Fallanx Tactical Veteran

seems like we almost have a pgm group here :eek:
  7. Offline

Specter Veteran BOON

hell yeah! rox leetzor gaming squad!

Ah! i forgot to say somethings:
    Although the "mmo" facet of the game is poor, there are pve instances for you to join and there is also one open-map area where you can meet with random people running about. :)
    Also, guild-play looks pretty nice, since there is Agency vs Agency where guilds basically fight to take control of territory sections that has "resources" on it.

Also the game uses unreal engine 3, like tera.
  8. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

Downloading this now
  9. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Played Global Agenda in beta and headstart with Earl Grey from Darkfall and I have to say it was one of the worst games I have ever played. That was like over a year ago now since release ? Maybe it's decent now, but all of us who were playing in a group back in beta all quit within 2 weeks of release because it was shockingly bad.
  10. Offline

Shantotto Guest

I thought it wasn't actually an mmo?
  11. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

When we played in beta and headstart there was one town that was like an open owrld with everyone in it. It was about the size of Teminon landing in Aion and lagged like shit as EVERYONE was jammed in it. All this town had was vendors to buy new gear and computers you used to go on new missions (PvE) or queue battlegrounds (PvP).

You couldn't leave the town unless it was into an instanced PvE mission or a PvP battleground. So yea it was technically an MMO in the same way that GW1 was technically an MMO, but it doesn't have (or atleast didn't when I was playing) a persistent world.

The combat felt like a poorly made FPS with inconsistent hitboxes and terrible collision detection on corners of walls etc.

Now its free and its had a year+ of patching, it might be worth it, but from my previous experience of playing this during the beta, its was terrible.
  12. Offline

Ebel Veteran BOON

Looks interesting gonna give it a go thanks for the information.
  13. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

THE MOST EXCRUCIATING ACCOUNT CREATION PROCESS KNOWN TO MAN!!!

Time to log in and try the game...
  14. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

The game feels like Guild wars but in the future =P looks oki so far. I have a rather odd name in game so if your playing just whisper PeculiarPingo