3 Bards?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Allstar, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

I'm still toying with the "3 Bard" raid setup idea, I need to hammer out the numbers and get some more testing done in beta but it has more advantages than drawbacks.

1 "Support" Bard (buff bitch) to purely maintains Motifs and Coda of Cowardice/Coda of Distress
    1 "DPS" Bard chains Cadence and Coda of Wrath/Fury
    1 "Healing" Bard chains Cadence and Coda of Restoration

It would also bring you:
    1 Verse of Vitality kind every 20sec
    1 Verse of Joy every 40 sec which is kind of insane

You would also get all 3 fanfares
    Knowledge
    Power
    Vigour

As well as 3 Anthems from the following
    Competence
    Defiance
    Fervour
    Glory

2 Bards can achieve a similar effect (1 bard working his balls might get close, bout 2~3 is optimal), but the GCDs spent refreshing motifs are GCDs effectively wasted.

Of course, the person playing the buff-bitch would have to really hate themselves to play the role, but I'd take it upon myself rather than force it on anyone.

But ..would a pure-DPS or pure-healer player in place of the 3rd bard achieve better overall performance? Probably.

I'll get it tested in B6 and B7 before launch.

I need more data, always more data.
  2. Offline

Mizou Community Member

i think 2 is optimal but if u need defense u gota get a 3rd out for heal and miti/resi buff

i look over it later, gotta get rdy in a few for exams
  3. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

I love theory crafters,, seriously I do, makes my life easier so much KC loving to yout guys next beta,, in the ZOMG Cybre channel ofc I will pass word it so we can have some quality time.... :p
  4. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

I still think that 2 Bards might be more efficient, the "DPS Bard" seems unnecessary, and a lot of other classes breing their own endurance/armour buffs.

I dunno, I'll take a better look in B6
  5. Offline

Mizou Community Member

also one important thing u can not stack right now certain buffs like STR buff from warrior with dirge fanfaire or Priest endurance buffs with our one... sucks hardcore !
  6. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

Yeah thats exaclty what I was thinking.

2 would probably be better overall.
  7. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

There are shitloads of strength buffs and scrolls, none stack. Its quite annoying tbh, I will probably play a Paragon/Riftblade/Beastmaster until Im done levelling. Paragon has a 5 strength buff, beast mastery has a 7 str buff and you get tons of scrolls aswell its a bit of a waste really.
  8. Offline

Akhalur Community Member

can you explain builds abit more ? maybe some skill tree calculators would be cool
  9. Offline

Mizou Community Member

Just some Data from a 7Minute boss fight

Coda of Restoration did 51% of my healing with an average of 216 - 12 min 445 max and 85 hits (18.395 total)
    Invigorated Soul did 30% with average of 55,94 - 2 min 89 max and 196 hits (10.964 total)
    Motif of Regeneration did 16% with average of 76,82 - 5min 120 max and 74 hits (5.685 total)
    and a healing potion had 905 (3%)

the coda does stack so a healing bard as 3rd bard in raid has a chance if needed

we had 1 bg with 2 bards

Mizou
    Invigorated Soul - 34%
    Coda - 33%
    Motif of Reg - 30%
    and some others

Allstar
    Inviorated Soul - 35%
    Motif of Reg - 33%
    Coda - 32%

motif would always stay same even with just 1 bard (tough if 1 bard is dead the other can spam if u dont look at this point well 1 bard is fine as long as he stays behind / gets protected) but the 2 other spells are quite insane healing ! didnt think its that much !

the screenshot is from today 3rd battlefront - n1 and n2 are clerics

Attached Files:

10. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

What level were you in that SS?
  11. Offline

Mizou Community Member

12. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

i dont mind playing bard either beeing a buff bitch and all that beats jumping out of stealth only to get your ass kicked 3 secs later any day :D