15/08 Stress Test Changes: Necromancer Skills & Traits

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2' started by Xelendar, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Offline

Xelendar Veteran BOON

Source

2. Offline

Haze Community Member

Massive dagger buff and otherwise all around light buffs, looks good. The only thing I'm sad about is wells being cut down to 5 seconds from 8, would have made for great combofield spamming.
  3. Offline

Xom Veteran BOON

Hrm, was surprised to see regeneration instead of mass swiftness on focus. Kinda shoehorns one into warhorn for swiftness. On the other had, regeneration for 5 people is quite nice to have for support, too.
  4. Offline

Xelendar Veteran BOON

Really? I'm very happy with this changes. Not only now it procs one more time than before, it procs every second.

I also like the general buff to minions (except the Putrid Explosion nerf which was kind of expected) for the Minion Master PvE Build, and more importantly... i like this:
    I hope its not a typo 0.o
  5. Offline

Xom Veteran BOON

It's a tooltip update.
  6. Offline

Haze Community Member

The reason I don't like the well changes is because I don't think ticking every second is better than ticking every two seconds. Unless there's a low cap on the amount of targets you won't have conditions to turn into boons etc, depending on the well, every second, so having it a bit more spread out might be better. Plus the fact it makes the combo field last much shorter. Let's hope the minion buffs go along with some serious buffs to their AI as well, even in PvE those things are so useless at the moment. Does anyone know if they still have the ridiculously long cast times on the minion abilities (the ones after they've been summoned)?
  7. Offline

Xelendar Veteran BOON

Wells are capped to 5 targets. ;)

I don't have any complains on the minions AI tbh, i only use them at PVE and they do their job well as a meat shield... but to be fair i haven't done any PVE since BWE #2 -_-

Read again: before ~140dmg, after ~1250dmg... about 10 times more 0.o
  8. Offline

Xom Veteran BOON

I actually like this change. Faster ticking means more hits before your target(s) move out of the well. Now indeed, better minion AI is needed. Then again, will anything but Wurm be actually feasible for WvW?
  9. Offline

Haze Community Member

True, I suppose it's a trade off between actually hitting stuff and the utility of combo field + having more efficiency per tick. At the moment, minions don't look to be viable in WvW. Even in PvE I would say they are quite bad compared to just about anything else, depending on how well the AI decides to work. But I think that's mostly due to the fact there's no weapon synergy with minions (maybe Focus now) and the traits just don't do enough to get them up to an acceptable level, from the absolutely abysmal one they are at untraited.
  10. Offline

Xelendar Veteran BOON

Is it me or you really hate minions? :p

I disagree on the PvE part but only if you are talking about solo PvE - MM build as solo is very viable in my opinion.
    Can't say the same about dungeon runs, never tried it on GW2 (only GW1) :p
  11. Offline

Haze Community Member

No, I love minions :( That's why I'm so sad that they're as bad as they are.
  12. Offline

Xtranerf Veteran BOON

Looks like overall good changes. Did anyone notice any difference in Bleed dmg when applying Vuln since it got change from reducing armor to buff dmg taken?
  13. Offline

Xelendar Veteran BOON

Updated after 21/08's Stress Test

SKILLS
    TRAITS
  14. Offline

Xom Veteran BOON

Dagger's finally becoming viable. I likey (for PVE and sPVP, that is).
  15. Offline

Xelendar Veteran BOON

Don't think there's much of a change this time, only the chain skill had the damage reviewed.