14/9 2012 GW2 Patchnotes

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2' started by Doodle, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/news/Update-Notes-September-14th-2012

General
    • The Mistfire Wolf skill will now properly unlock for existing characters on an account after upgrading to Digital Deluxe.
    • Fixed blocked events and skill challenges.
    • Fixed bugs that allowed players to go around map edges.
    • A number of items created by using Mystic Coins are now correctly set to level 80.
    Story
    • Fixed a blocking bug in story chapter “Brute Force.”
    • Fixed a blocking bug in story chapter “Research and Destroy.”
    • Fixed bugs in story chapters “Forging the Pact,” “Battle of Fort Trinity," "The Ghost Rite,” “On Red Alert,” and “Tower Down.”
    World-versus-World
    • Score interval increased from 5 minutes to 15 minutes.
    • Stonemist Castle points reduced to 35 points from 50.
    • Bonus thresholds reduced by half to prepare for one-week matches.
    • Castle lord, bodyguards, and capture point for Stonemist Castle moved to the first floor.
    • “Harpy Feathers” consumable effect disabled.
    • Bridges fixed to make passable for NPCs.
    Professions
    Ranger
    • More fixes to pet commands and AI.
    Elementalist
    • Signet of Air: No longer has infinite range.
    • Whirlpool: Now works underwater in PvE.
    • Glyph of Renewal: Resurrection effects of Earth, Fire, and Water now surround the caster, not the target.
    Mesmer
    • Deception: Movement now allowed after casting underwater.
    • Spatial Surge: Improved responsiveness.
    • Mind Stab: Improved responsiveness.
    Warrior
    • Made several more skills usable while moving: Brutal Banner, Compassionate Banner, and Furious Rally.
    • Rush: Improved the ability to hit fleeing foes.
    Guardian
    • Mighty Blow: Added a slight movement distance.
    • Bow of Truth: Now usable while moving.
    • Defender’s Shield and Honorable Shield: Merged together into the same trait.
    • New trait Glacial Heart: Critical hits with a hammer have a 50% chance to chill your target for 4 seconds. This effect can only occur once every 45 seconds.
    Thief
    • Heartseeker: Reduced damage of the 100%-50% threshold by 20%. Damage thresholds changed. Old: 100%-66%, 66%-33%, 33%-0%. New: 100%-50%, 50%-25%, 25%-0%.
    Engineer
    • Disabled the “stowing” auto-attack to prevent players from getting stuck holding these kits: Bomb Kit, Elixir Gun, Flamethrower, Grenade Kit, Med Kit, and Tool Kit.
  2. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

I like the thief nerf, hopefully scrubs will now stop crying and any thief that actually was dumb enough to spam heartseeker from 100% to 0% (and anyone bad enough to die to that, makes me giggle every time) can now stop crying!

But they did not nerf anything that actually makes me a powerhouse so it's all good ;)
  3. Offline

Earthwall - Raith Community Member

Seems like they still think the warriors are slightly underpowered ...
  4. Offline

Jame Community Member

WTF with the warrior buffs. :D

And sad face to: "Castle lord, bodyguards, and capture point for Stonemist Castle moved to the first floor."

Takes away a lot of the fun of SM... and doesn't that make the upper floor pretty useless empty space? Meh, boring.
  5. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

none of the warrior buffs are gamebreaking and just make the class more convenient to play. Dodging to the left or right + breaking your stun saves you against one hundred blades (and pistol whip for that matter) i dont think warriors are OP at all
  6. Offline

Karasu Community Member

Oh right .. in the Americans the first floor means ground floor. I was pretty confused when I read that. Well I get where they're coming from - now we won't be defending or hours in one room!
  7. Offline

Jame Community Member

Well not just US. Not much logic calling the second floor the first floor. You can call the ground floor the ground floor AND the 1st floor at the same time you know. :p
  8. Offline

Tumbleweed Community Member

or we'll still defend for hours in one room, but from 3 different directions (most likely one by one) and we'll need to reassess ballista distribution :) considering the point nerf for SM, I doubt it will be worth the hassle so much anymore and it will become a little less popular.

on the other hand, wtf is with the balance tuning on some classes when there's a considerable number of skills/traits that are actually bugged to worthlessness?!
  9. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Huh?! Now you've confused me.
    In the UK we use Ground, First, Second etc
    Eg in a lift you will see
    G

Unless you count the outer wall as the ground floor (and not basement as I would :p) the the boss was on first floor now on ground floor.
  10. Offline

Xelendar Veteran BOON

Where is the Necro love? :(
  11. Offline

Haze Community Member

Looks like the previous boss room is now just a load of wasted space. Pity, if anything they should have moved the boss even further up and kept the points, now Stonemist is barely going to be worth the effort. Or it might just be a temporary change while they reassess how they want the keep lord room to work, so there's not just one choke everyone comes through.
  12. Offline

Jame Community Member

Pff. :p

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Storey#Numbering

(Seems we nordic countries are a minority... but so much more logical!)

Yeh. Hope they add something there at least. I take it they thought SM to be too easily defended currently and since they're trying to readjust the point system they took the reward from it down as well.
  13. Offline

Tumbleweed Community Member

More likely those guys that we roflfarmed with ballistas for hours on end decided to q.q a lot; I mean really that ballista def is not impossible to beat, if you wanna go nuts all you need is a teleportation gun thingy to get everyone up the sides and flank :)
    I think the main problem is allowing siege weapons indoors, which is prevalent in SM because that's where the important indoor space is. The problem with indoor siege weapons is that it breaks the rule of allowing the use of bigger siege to overcome smaller siege through range e.g. treb>catapult>ballista>arrowcart. If they wanted to fix SM, they should simply not allow any siege built indoors in that area.
  14. Offline

Karasu Community Member

One way to solve it is to avoid ONE doorway where the two stairs go up in the boss room. Just flip them around a bit so you have at least two entrances and you already made defending exponentially difficult. There's a reason normal keeps have three doors on each wall.
  15. Offline

Chowder Community Member

really boring guardian changes :(
  16. Offline

Warprophet Community Member

boooo, whats the point in a lovely mutli-tiered tower now? + gief some engineer love (increase the grenade radius'es ftw)
  17. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

finally the fixed Rush was tired of running past people never hitting with it. also the fixes is for banners
  18. Offline

Mantle Veteran BOON

I second this, fighting a dragon and having to be almost underneath it for my grenades to hit suck!
  19. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

they could just fix the damage on rifles and u could acually do other things than nade spam
  20. Offline

Mantle Veteran BOON

But grenades are so much cooler!