1.9 pre-release

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Fizzee, Sep 22, 2011.

?

Should we:

Poll closed Sep 29, 2011.
Stay on 1.8 for another 1-2 weeks until 1.9 launches for real then MCEDIT 10 vote(s) 71.4%
Stay on 1.8 for another 1-2 weeks untl 1.9 launches for real then start from scratch 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Upgrade to 1.9 pre-release and MCEDIT 1 vote(s) 7.1%
Upgrade to 1.9 pre-release and start from scratch 3 vote(s) 21.4%
  1. Offline

Omnipresent Potato Farmer

If he wasn't the only one make millions I'd agree, but taking mods and plonking them straight into his release seems lazy. He is clearly lacking in imagination if he has to steal other peoples ideas. I'd say if the creators of these mods put their heads together they could create the new game "Underground Forge" and wave good bye to minecraft.

Wake up Notch, you should be setting the standard not the community.
  2. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

He doesn't just take them and plonk them in though. He takes the idea and re writes it completely to fit minecraft better.
    He has a problem in that there are simply hundreds of "unique" ideas on reddit etc. How can he not even accidentally create something new and have someone from reddit say "notch likes my idea"

In fairness, most stuff implemented is to fix an issue and if he was to simply avoid all reddit and /v just to be sure people don't bitch then we'd end up waiting longer for a fix which would end up being similar to one suggested anyway.

Notch recycles ideas rather than just copy paste the mod, and I like that about minecraft, it feels like it's community driven.
  3. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

I bet the mod makers get something in return if their mod is incorporated into the game.
  4. Offline

I'd hope so, or else Notch is just as bad a MS.
  5. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

@Fizzee - You around tonight ?
  6. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

After about 10.30... Before that I'm hopefully having a love explosion or two. :p
  7. Offline

8. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

We need to introduce your GF to these forums some day.
  9. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

That would not go down well....
    For me that is, she wouldn't care so much but the stories she would tell would make me very red faced.

(fiancée btw GF is sooo two months ago :p)
  10. Offline

Blackspear "The Random"

We really should invite her here :D
  11. Offline

A man needs his space, bad enough they are everywhere else. It's nice to have a few places you can go without someone telling you're are doing wrong here too :D
  12. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Like I said Omni, you can tell her anything you like, It's what she'd tell you guys I'm worried about :p
  13. Offline

Well you two must be very close, cause I wouldn't want my missus mixed up in my gaming life.
  14. Offline

Saul Community Member

I really want BuildCraft... :)
  15. Offline

Saul Community Member

Same..

[IMG]
  16. Offline

Firoz Veteran BOON

My gf only plays free games or these €6.99 ones.
    I wish she wants to play a game like bf3, gw2...
    Although she likes gaming, she rather spends her money on the 10th handbag :(
  17. Offline

Maskerad Veteran BOON

League of Legends.

Because fictional dresses.
  18. Offline

Balmung Veteran BOON

Used to play WoW with my ex-gf...believe me, you do not want that.
  19. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Orly ? I thot u had super fun times. Lol. Get back to gold farming balmung.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Forum Runner
  20. Offline

Balmung Veteran BOON

the sex is only good for so long :(