1.2 trailer

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Rev, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Offline

Rev Veteran BOON

just watch it, no need to turn this thread into a "hate on swtor" thread. i think it looks nice. atleast they seem to be really trying

2. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

Would have prefered waiting 2-3 months and gotten the game released like this. Always with the rush. Anyway this could probably be good, perhaps.
  3. Offline

Rev Veteran BOON

yeah tvar, same. in some interview they said that 1.2 is how the game was supose to be released, but i guess the people paying the bills (EA) have the final in say
  4. Offline

Killa Veteran BOON

They could have gotten a really good game if all this was done from the start. Still think its so late to "save" the game if u can call it that.
  5. Offline

adagio Moderator

Never hated swtor, was just massively disappointed in bioware. They should have had the balls to say, when its ready it will be released.

For some first impressions stick, even now I still am wrongly under the impression its a bugged game. This is simply because the beta I played should have never been called a beta but an internal alpha build.

If they had started the beta after Christmas I probably would have a different impression of the game. I may have even brought it. Even now they managed to annoy me by holding a guild q&a developers. I was thinking stop wasting money, get your ugly mugs off the screen and get back to work and give ppl more. Hero worship will come when ppl like me start saying positives about the game because the actual players will be even more positive about the game.

Dam you for making me talk about swtor again.
  6. Offline

Rev Veteran BOON

think you are to naive regarding how much power the developer has. in the end its all in the hand of the publisher, some do it properly when it comes to their strongest IPs (activision and blizzard) and some take really bad decision and release game way to early (EA, pretty much every title)(activision, every title except CoD and blizzard games)
    i hate the gaming industry, yet i work in it, go figure. but the biggest problem is that this industry refuses to develop like the music and movie industry has. everything works exactly the same way as it did 25 years ago. we cant even get the digital platform companies (steam for example) to show their sales numbers, so its hard to say if the business is growing or declining. you would have nightmares if you knew how many incompitent persons there are runing the biggest houses. and if they mess up royaly and get fired? no problem, they just get a new job over at the next powerhouse in the industry. its sickening...

Just look at the CEO over at THQ. this idiot managed to fuck up the company so badly that their shares dropped from, iirc 35 USD/share or so to 60 cents. and its mainly his doing and his decisions. yet, he is still there.

this industrys bubble burst badly end of 2009, its safe to say that its in decline, and not only because of the economic crisis. i think its a good thing, a good cleanup is badly needed to remove all the retards and have some fresh blood in, and hopefully, this will also apply to the decisionmakers at EA and whatever company thats making a MMO game we are looking forward to :)

arf, wall of text
  7. Offline

Astarael Vertically Challenged

it's a solid update, but like everyone is saying it's stuff that I just wish they had waited to put in release. I'm not sure if it's enough to get me interested again.

also, very good wall of text revs! wall of text always acceptable if it's well written and good stuff.
  8. Offline

adagio Moderator

I have to ask, maybe the industry is stuck like it is because devs show a lack of testicliar fortitude when it comes to publishers? I mean would ea dare piss off bioware with the amount they bring to the table?
  9. Offline

Rev Veteran BOON

its a big thing to ask of a developer, even if its bioware. you have remember that making a game like mass effect for example, requires such sick amounts of money, which honestly these developers dont have. they would have to risk their own future, their families etc if the game does not sell like atleast 4M copies.

also, its not only making the game thats costly, the sheer marketing costs on a triple A title is huge. and having a solid marketing strategy is as important as making a proper game. check the amount of money take 2 spent on promoting bioshock, or how much activision spents on call of duty.

there are always some developers that stick out anyway, blizzard is one for example. there are also some that do try but fall in line quickly as soon as their game is a big hit and they start working on a sequel. guitar hero and chronicles of riddic devs are good example that i think of straight away. we all know what happend to the sequels and future games they released. activision completly gutted the guitar hero franchise by releasing 4-5 games each year. EA put so much pressure on starbreeze that they rushed out a half assed, half complete syndicate which in effect will make them go bust anyday now. they also ruined one of the most acclaimed franchises of all time in the game industry, which pisses me off :) (syndicate, not guitar herlol)
  10. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

Uppsala Starbreeswedez :(