1.2 Test Realm Patch Notes

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Shaftsplitter, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Offline

Shaftsplitter Veteran BOON

2. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

Think I'm going to try Engineering out on my Sniper. :D
  3. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

thats one big ass patch lol
  4. Offline

Rev Veteran BOON

jupp, this will go live even tho they claim changes might be made. i canceled my sub 5 mins ago. have only 1 day left. cu in TSW :)
  5. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

Everybody got nerfed!

The OP Healing tree got some nice quality of life changes with TA stacking 3 times, a huge buff to Recuperative Nanotech among other things (although the loss of the character sound effect when it procs is kinda sad :() but I can't really pick out many other specs that really benefitted from this patch.

Of course some of this was necessary, sorcs/sages have had nerfs coming since launch but I don't really recall anyne calling for nerfs to BH healing for example.

..makes me want to play my OP again :(
  6. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

BH abd commando healing is quite insane atm

They did not even touch my assassin (my spec anyway) so nothing changed for me... boring!
  7. Offline

Rev Veteran BOON

destoyed concelment if these changes go through. i cant support this company anymore, if there were more time till 1.2 i might have rerolled, or wait, no i wouldnt...

3% less crit
    3% less dmg vs poisiond targets
    4% more dmg for Laceration and Collateral Strike
    10% less dmg Laceration,but 5 energy less
    5%+4% more dmg to Backstab,but 75% less uses+less Acid Blade 6sec dots+5extra energy cost (cd on backstab 12 sec now instead of 9, so less acid blade etc. this is a semi-big nerf, not a boost)
    2% less Shiv dmg(Razor Edge)
    Backstab now costs 5 energy to use where it used to be free.
    7,5 sec cd on hidden strike, no cd before.

the cd on hidden strike is fine, they want to stop ppl from HSing, vanishing, HSing right away. only nubs did this to begin with so this is fine. rest i dont get. the dmg reduction on laceration, which doesnt hit that hard to begin with is beyond me. we allready have issues with our rotation because skills are on cd, so we have to use either auto shot or overload shot. both suck. with this, instead of just using it auto/overload once, we might be forced to use them _3_ times because of the extra 3 seconds on backstab. oh did i mention with the talents they are moving around we are forced to spend an extra 3p in concealment to try and have same specc as before? FML, i can even take the dmg nerfs but i cant accept the extra cd on backstab. its bullshit.

look, all these nerfs are fine, if they would just give something in return, like a gap closer which we have been screaming for, or better sustained dps, or a new ability to work into our dmg rotation. but no, instead they boost one of the strongest classes ingame (marauder), and nerf everything else. they have the audacity to say they are boosting the healing tree of ops, which is bs. they have just brought it closer in line with the others, the tree was _BROKEN_ with talents not working and a 31pointer which was useless. fixing not properly working talents/skills is not boosting, its fixing bugs. sorc is still a better healer class even if they got "fixed". merc healing got shafted big time i hear, didnt bother to check for myself.

yes im pissed, fuck this shit, if i bother to renew ill try and play healer ops, which is boring as hell. but not really counting on it.
  8. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

yeah i have a feeling these guys are clueless. Clueless at pvp balancing and well.. anything that has to do with PVP tbh

The pve of this game and leveling experience is awesome, the combat and smoothness (now days) is awesome. If only they could get the balancing and pvp content right this game would rock =(
  9. Offline

Relinquished Veteran BOON

This patch is a step towards the right direction.
    It's a bit tough to explain but these nerfs are not random at all.

Some ppl even complain that Juggs are getting nerfed as well. I checked on the changed and right away noticed a trend.
    To us for example, they did not realy buff anything as in, give straight out damage increase. What they did was swap around the position of skill inside the trees, turn a few skills from speced to baseline (very minor) and added 1 defensive skill that pretty much prevents us from using our rage resource for damage while its active.

Bottom line, most Juggs cried NERF, but i can already see the new hybrid specs in my head, and cannot w8!

It also seems they reduced burst across the board so they wouldn't have to change the way dmg mitigation works.
    Consider also that theres new gear coming without a level increase, which means overall stats will get boosted. That plus augmented gear in pvp.

So, less straight out dmg for a few classes, but way more customization and min-maxing for everyone.
    It is wrong to look at the skill changes alone and think "this is a nerf, it is bad for me".

If all this is accompanied by more option on modes/enhancements through crafting we are looking at a pretty decent and balancing patch.

ps. it takes balls to nerf all those DPS maniacs... i stand i awe!
  10. Offline

Rev Veteran BOON

another brilliant change. add war hero gear that no one will use anyway, because they will be using new crafted armor with augment slot. great idea having crafted stuff being better than endgame pve drops / pvp rewards...
  11. Offline

Relinquished Veteran BOON

crafted armor with augment slot is useless unless you have the mods/enhancments gained from endgame pve drops/pvp rewards.
    also, most (if not all) crafting skill will be able to create augments (different for each craft)
  12. Offline

Rev Veteran BOON

exactly, you will get the endgame stuff and strip them of their mods. so why not just give the mods and enhancements as rewards. why waste time designing new armor? Oo
  13. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

maybe they are confused!
  14. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

Not THAT big of a marauder buff, sure some nice and nifty tweaks but no real raw +% dmg buffs like some other classes got nerfed so yeah I feel that shit you got tossed in your lap Revz. :(
  15. Offline

Hsulf Veteran BOON

It's megalols they decide to nerf a class down to the ground as their main playerbase plays sorc. Sigh.
  16. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

You mean you did all that rerolling for nothing and can't RUUUUUUUUUUUUUULE the battlefield any longer? :<
  17. Offline

Rev Veteran BOON

im actually FOR the marauder buffs. i think it was stupid that only 1 specc was viable for marauders and sentinenls, and besides, if i understand everything correctly its a small nerf for anni marauders to bring it in line with carnage/rage?

every class should be treated this way, all speccs should be viable. not lets nerf a class in the 5 latest patches in someway or another. funny thing is, in a recent interview that dev, whats his face, was trying to justify the Ops nerfs and said: its not that bad, Ops are within 5% dps to marauders or something like that.

what a fucking retard, so not only does he admit that the dps is lower, which is fine tbh, but why then pick an Ops when they bring nothingelse to the grp? no grp dmg buffs, no speed buffs, no healing debuff, no nothing. hilarious stuff :D
  18. Offline

Sheena Community Member

Best part:

Level 50 players can queue solo or in a group of up to 8 players via the Queue Solo Ranked and Queue Group Ranked buttons in the Warzone Queue Window.

The "Combat Logging" section in the preferences menu also allows players to stream all combat interactions originating from or directed at their character to a machine-parsable file. When this option is enabled, time stamped log files are written periodically to the Star Wars – The Old Republic\Combat Logs directory in the My Documents folder. Warning: This is an advanced feature. Constant combat logging may use a significant amount of disk space, and players may need to periodically delete old logs.

8 man queuing AND combat logging? Fuck, this might make me resub.
  19. Offline

Rev Veteran BOON

sheena, the combat log is a joke, i can find some more detailed info if you like. also i would like to know if lets say 2-3 ppl can que as a grp or whats going on. will be hard to get 8 ppl together nowdays for something semi-serious
  20. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

i dont understand the issue with having a fucking combat log IN GAME!?

can someone explain to me why games 12 years ago could do this but not swtor? this is probably the thing that pisses me off the most tbh.